Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Mr. Right,

I've been thinking of you and me and our future together. So while I'm thinking of you, whoever you are; I want you to know that I might be asking for a lot. But I know that you'll be my everything when I fall in love with you, because you'll be the right man for my heart.

I want you to know that I will have probably practiced writing my name followed by your surname over a thousand times when I've fallen in love with you. I'll probably have handfuls of pictures of you. I'll completely adore you and show you off to all of my friends. I want you to become my best friend. I want you to need me like I need you. I want us to respect each other. I want you to tell me and show me that you love me.

I want a well-thought out proposal. This is forever that we're planning for, so you can put a little effort into asking me. ;) I don't care about money or being in front of many people... but I want that moment to be special. I want the most beautiful wedding... only in the temple. Please take me there someday. I want a lovely reception with all the corny traditions. Like a bouquet toss. And "something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new". And like cutting the cake. And choosing a flower girl. And a daddy-daughter dance. You'll have to dance with me too, so start practicing. I want pictures, lots of pictures. And I want our wedding day to be the happiest and most wonderful day I've ever lived.

I want to visit the temple with you many times after our wedding. I want the priesthood to be a constant in my life. In fact, I would hope you're a returned missionary. Because I adore those who are so selfless that they would serve a mission. I want you to honor your priesthood and callings in life, so that I can have the priesthood in my home. I want us to have a house, and a home. I want to kneel at our bed in prayer with you by my side. I want babies. I want you to bless them in church. I want to make their blessing gowns from my wedding dress and I want to see you holding our babies every day. I want to bring our little children to church and feed them cheerios to keep them quiet. I want to take our kids to walk the gardens of the temple when they're little. I want them to know that I know the church is true.

I want to see you roll down grassy hills with our children in the summer, or jump on the trampoline with them, or go sledding with them in the wintertime. I want you to give our children silly nicknames. I want our family to go traveling together. I want a journal for our family. I want to take bubble bath pictures of our babies, and put them in adorable scrapbooks. I want us all to go on bike rides together. I want our family to sing around campfires, laugh until our tummies hurt, and read stories before bedtime. I want our children to look up to us, exactly how I look up to my parents. I want to watch them grow up and experience the world for themselves. I want our family to learn together. I want to be with my family for eternity.

I want you to be my best friend. I want to fall in love with you every day. I want every kiss to be like the first and last kiss. I want us to write handwritten letters to each other, signed with 'love' or 'yours truly' at the bottom. I want you to kiss me on the forehead and I want you to hold me in your arms. I want to wear your button up shirts and smell your cologne. I want us to tell each other everything. I want us to be able to talk for hours and hours, and still be comfortable whenever silence settles in. I want to treasure those golden silent moments with you. I want you to support me in all that I do. I want you to love me with my imperfections and quirks. Please don't try to change me. I will love you even with your faults, I promise. I want you to braid my hair. I want you to love me even when I'm not dolled up. I want to bring you lunch while you're at work. I want to sit on the front porch with you and watch the sun set. I want to sleep under the stars, swim naked in lakes, and dance in the rain. I want to make you soup when you're sick. I want us to grow a garden. I want to smile every day. I want you to teach me new things. I want to grow old with you. I want you to have faith in me. I want happily ever after... forever.

I know you're out there somewhere. Whether I've met you already or not, I can't wait to really meet you... to happen upon that moment in my life when I'll know you are the one I've been waiting for. I want to truly be deserving of you. I want to be the best wife and mother I can be. I feel so small to be thinking about getting married, but I know the day is coming closer and closer every morning when I wake up. So I'm going to work harder and harder so that I'm more satisfied with my life every night when I fall asleep. I'm working hard, learning, and loving life so that when I find you I will be ready. Please look for me; I'll be very patient... there's no rush. ;) but still, I will dream for the day when I have you. My fairytale, my happily ever after, my one and only... and I want you to know that I love you, and I'll love you forever.

Yours truly,
Bailee.

1 comment:

  1. This was so sweet Bailee. I hope your prince comes and sweeps you off your feet.

    ReplyDelete